LED Volt meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Volt meter

I purchased and installed a led volt meter on my 08 48 volt CC. When it's fully charged it reads around 51 volts. It died on me the other day at 30 volts. I bought this to help the kids know when it's about to die so they can make it home. Will someone help me understand the numbers?

Battery pack is 100% charged at 50.95 VDC, attached is a state of charge chart. It's not recommended to discharge the battery pack below 80% SoC or 49.99 VDC. Take care of your batteries.

Below was taken from Club Car publications #102252002 and #101770101

Never discharge a cart’s batteries to the point that the vehicle will no longer run. This will shorten the life cycle of the batteries considerably, and may permanently damage the batteries. It is possible that the batteries will
    not accept a recharge if they are completely discharged. The deeper the discharge, the harder it is on the batteries. ****
    **** = taken from Club Car publications #102252002 and #101770101

Comment

WOW! I had no idea. Not sure how accurate this display is but it doesn't take long to get below 50. I thought it was supposed to travel about 12 miles on a charge. I keep it in tow mode when not in use so it doesn't draw any current. Should I charge after every use or just every few days?

Comment

Charge after every use, even if you only go to the mailbox and back. Also keep water level above the plates and check water level after a complete charge, don't overfill them.
        Attached Files

Comment

Lead acid batteries are better fully charged as much as possible.The deeper the acid eats into the plates the finer that part of lead becomes and in time breaks down easier and thus charge does not last as long. When out, every so often, stop cart and rest for about 5 seconds, check charge state. If and when cart starts to buck SHUT OFF and set for a while, charge will return some what and you will have a little more power. This can get you home in time.
          Updated by letitbe; September 26, 2013, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X