Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004 Club Car Precedent - Navitas 5kw AC Conversion - Need Help with Solenoid connection

Collapse
This is a sticky topic. Sticky topics are carefully selected for their exceptional quality and relevance. These topics stand out for providing valuable insights, comprehensive information, and expert guidance on the subject matter. When you see this message, you're accessing top tier content that has been curated to deliver the most relevant and insightful information available.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Club Car Precedent - Navitas 5kw AC Conversion - Need Help with Solenoid connection

I purchased the Navitas 5kw AC Conversion Kit for my 2004 Club Car Precedent. I used https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lusf-yNPnA&t=10s as the guide (Fentertainment), which is great. Only issue is that I have the first generation (2004) Precedent, and in the video the Precedent is a Post 2008 model, The main difference is with the Solenoid connections. I added a picture of my wring (yes, also upgraded to an EB. In the picture I show how it was connected previously. In the pic I still show the old 2 gauge wires that went to controller and batter, and of course the other wires. Can I just connect the "other" wires the same way as before, or do I need to do something different? :/ Thanks!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.

If you are a guest, you may be required to Log In or Sign Up to view.

This gallery has 1 photos.

Welcome. It's not uncommon to encounter various opinions and recommendations on this one. Considering the unique wiring and differences between the 2004 and post 2008 Club Car Precedent, at this step it's best to err on the side of caution and reach out to Navitas directly for guidance first. I do know the 2004 precedent has a different rear setup compared to the 08+ versions, if you encounter challenges with the motor fitting, you may need to remove a shock for installation and then reinstall it afterward. It's a bit of extra work, but it can be done!

Once you've managed to get in touch with them and gather the info you need, be sure to loop back and let us know how it went. Sharing your experience would be a game changer for others facing similar issues down the road. Your insights can be a real lifeline for folks scouring the internet for solutions, so don't hold back on sharing what you find.

Regards

Comment

Update
      I did write to Navitas and they gave me some guidance on how to wire it . The yellow wire that was connected to both ends of the main solenoid (with the fuse in-between) is not needed with the Navitas set up. The red wire goes to the Run/Tow switch, and that is needed on the soleniod on the same side that the Battery Positive is run on. In some cases there is also a wire that goes to the charger, but in my case I did not have that. The other side of the solenoid goes to the Controller.

Michael Eddie, in order to get the Navitas motor installed it was easier to remove the rear body and thus I could drop the motor in place. You were correct in that I had to remove the passenger side shock absorber and leaf spring brackets (I have a 6" lift kit) in order to be able to slide the motor in place. On an other note, I ended up using the original motor mounting bolts as the ones from Navitas were not long enough.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X