ez-go charger conversion for club car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ez-go charger conversion for club car

I have an EZ-GO 36 volt power miser model G04 made in 01. It is like new and I want to convert it to charge my 01 club car. I put a crows foot plug on the outlet, now what do I need to do internally to get it to charge??

Based on the information provided, you have a 36 volt EZGO Powerwise G04 charger and wish to convert it to charge your 2001 Club Car. If the Club Car is also 36 volts and lacks an OBC (Onboard Computer), there's a possibility of making the conversion work. You've already replaced the plug with a crows foot plug to match the Club Car's outlet. Internally, you need to make sure that the black wire, previously connected to the circuit board and attached to the red wire on the DC power cord, is now connected to the black wire in the DC power cord. This black wire should be connected to the same ring terminal that attaches the black (negative) wire in the DC cord to the transformer.

However, if the Club Car is actually a 48 volt model, which is more common for that year, the conversion will not work. The 1995 Club Car marked the introduction of the 48 volt OBC, but it was only present in 48 volt Club Car. To confirm the Club Car's voltage, the number of water fill holes per battery can serve as an indicator: 3 holes typically signify a 36 volt system, while 4 holes indicate a 48 volt system. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X