battery light, comes on briefly when charger plugs in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery light, comes on briefly when charger plugs in

I have a 2000 CC elec with 8v Trojans and noticed something I haven't seen before. When I plug in the charger, the Battery light comes on for a couple seconds, goes out, then the charger kicks on. I know I need to check the dates on the batteries and do a hydrometer test, but offhand, does anyone know if this has a specific meaning? I.E. is this possibly a basic code of some sort?

Don't worry too much if everything else seems normal and your cart is functioning properly. It's actually quite common for the battery light to illuminate for a few seconds when the charger is plugged in or unplugged. This is just a quick indicator to let you know that the charger is either connecting or disconnecting. The On Board Computer (OBC) controls this light, and if you ever need to reset it, simply disconnect the battery power for over 10 minutes. As long as your cart is running smoothly, this brief flicker of the battery light shouldn't be cause for concern. If you notice any other unusual behavior feel free to reach out!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X