Power Cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Cables

Has anybody got all the measurements for power cable lengths for a mid 80's CC DS (86 36V resistor cart)? It's a pain to try to measure them in the cart for replacement. If I try to take them off for measurement they'll fall apart! Guess I could take some batteries out to get in there easier.... Five battery cables and seven(?) connecting batteries, motor, F/R switch....Thanks

Take some thin rope and lay it on top of the cables. Mark the ends and then measure.

For others more difficult, tape the rope to one end and every few inches as needed to get a proper length.

Some cart shops also sell a rewire kit with all the cables pre made.
    Updated by timflury; March 27, 2012, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Thanks Tim. That should work. I spoke with my local Club Car dealer and they didn't even know! They have a hundred of them sitting on their lot, work on them all day and have never bothered to jot down the number of cables and their lengths. Amazing. Guess they just reinvent the wheel every time.

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=..._osacat=158940

There are battery cable kits available, but the local cart shops will order then off the internet just like we can.

I prefer to make my own, and for good measure, I have some 1/0 welding cable to handle the current.

Comment

Yeah I've seen the battery cable kits online but never the power cables as a kit for this older model. I think 4 gauge is good enough for my needs.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X