g 19 speed controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g 19 speed controller

G 19 How can i be sure my controller is bad and not something else. I had two burnt wires to the solenoid. i striped them and touched them together and the cart moved when i presse the accelerator. fixed the wires replaced the batteries put everything back together and now NOTHING i even lost the back up alarm that was working before i fixed the two burnt wires. should i jump the solenoid wires or what please help.. i have 24 volts to the solenoid but it does not open. i have direct wired it and it does open i am lost .

It seems you initially encountered an issue with two burnt wires connected to the solenoid. When you temporarily connected these wires, the cart responded and moved when you pressed the accelerator. This indicates that you attempted to jump the solenoid. However, after then proceeding to replace the burnt wires and subsequently changing the batteries, you noticed a significant change. Upon reassembling everything, the cart no longer responds at all. Additionally, you've observed that the backup alarm, which was previously functional, is now silent.

Now, it's important to note the significance of replacing the batteries. This action could potentially introduce new variables into the equation, as it can impact various components of the cart's wiring and electrical system.

Before going any further, we need to determine the underlying reason behind the burning of the solenoid wires. Secondly, there may be an issue elsewhere in the circuitry or wiring when you replaced the batteries. I would recommend double checking all connections against a wiring diagram, making sure that there are no loose/broken wires or damaged components and that everything is in proper place.

It's possible that the controller itself is functioning correctly,there may be an issue elsewhere in the circuitry or wiring. I would recommend double checking all connections and confirming that there are no crossed or broken wires. Additionally, you asked how to test the controller, once the burning issue is figured out you can check the controller below

Here's a simple way to test a Yamaha controller:
    1. Grab a multimeter. Take the black probe and insert it into the COM (common) socket or terminal on the multimeter. Then, take the red probe and insert it into the VΩmA (voltage, ohms, milliamps) socket or terminal on the multimeter.
    2. Set the multimeter for voltage (V) this setting typically looks like "V" with a straight line and a dotted line above it, indicating the direct current (DC) voltage setting. It may also have a range selector switch with settings for different voltage ranges, such as 20V, 200V, and 1000V, depending on the multimeter model.
    3. Put the black lead of the voltmeter on NEG.
    4. Place the red lead on A1.
    5. Watch the voltage reading. It should begin at zero and go up to 48 volts as you press the pedal.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X