NEWBIE with sun classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEWBIE with sun classic

hi all, I'm new to golf carts.I just picked up an 36v 198? yamaha sun classic I think G3.What can anyone tell me about this cart?What kind of mods can I do to it,how about a lift kit? I am about to replace the radio,how do I remove the dash?Any info will be good.
    Updated by spotshot; May 26, 2012, 11:40 AM.

Welcome! The yamaha G3 cart is quite unique and somewhat rare, finding replacement parts can sometimes be a challenge. Many components are considered orphaned adding to the complexity of maintenance and repairs. However, the silver lining is that the electrical and drivetrain systems bear a striking resemblance to those found in the G1e model simplifying diagnostic work for those familiar with its inner workings. While there are a couple of exceptions to this generalization, it's a helpful mindset to adopt when tackling issues.

This similarity doesn't extend to the lighting system as the G1 model never incorporated such features. If you're fortunate enough to have the G3 up and running, be prepared for the reality that available parts can come with a hefty price tag, especially those specific to the G3 and even those shared with the G1. When searching for a replacement motor, keep an eye out for a Club Car "series type" motor, as they can bolt right up to the G3. However, don't expect to transform your cart into a speed demon simply by swapping in a new motor. The stock resistor speed control system may struggle to handle the increased power of a beefier motor. Consider exploring options from 36v Yamaha carts with a Yamaha-built axle, such as the G1, G2, G3, G5, some G8, and some G14 models. These motors are often compatible with the G3 and can provide a suitable replacement if needed.

Heres a thread tackling the basics of a G1E resistor to solid state conversion for further reading

You do not have permission to view this gallery.

If you are a guest, you may be required to Log In or Sign Up to view.

This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X