1989 Yamaha G2E Electrical Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 Yamaha G2E Electrical Problems

I installed new batteries, checked each for proper voltage, everything's in order, tried to drive the cart, nothing happened when I turned the key on and pushed the pedal. No sound, nothing. I plugged in the charger, nothing, the charger did nothing. I took the batteries out, put them in my other cart, worked fine. Hooked up charger, worked fine. So I have good batteries and a good charger, but the golf cart in question has no power. I can't figure out why. Where could the problem be when there is no power AND the charger does nothing?

That charge lock button on your DC charger receptacle might be acting up, stuck, or just plain bad. Give it a shot of WD-40 and see if a little persuasion gets it back on track. Meanwhile, when it comes to the cart's motionless stance despite having tested batteries... Keep your eyes peeled for the three pivotal switches: the main switch, cut off switch, and accelerator cut off switch. They've got to be functioning, no room for hesitation or damage there. Don't overlook the fuses either, they're tucked away under the seat on the driver's side rear fender well. Make sure they're snug and not blown to bits.

Bypassing the solenoid by jumping the big posts with a 6 gauge wire is a method to directly test the functionality of the solenoid. By doing so, you're bypassing the solenoid's internal switch mechanism to directly connect the battery power to the motor. Holding the wire on the posts allows you to see if the cart runs. Test both forward and reverse functions. If there were any sparks or mishaps during the battery swap, it's possible that the controller may have been damaged. The controller serves as the brain of the golf cart's electrical system regulating the flow of power to the motor based on input from the accelerator pedal and other sensors. If the controller was exposed to sparks or electrical surges, it could potentially suffer damage, leading to a complete lack of response from the cart.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X