1997 cart "NO GO"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 cart "NO GO"

Hi,New to this forum. My buddie has a 1997 cart,battery pack is 36.2V,a little low but the cart will not move in F or R. The solenoid does not click and has 36v on one side and 14V on the other. The acc switch does have continuity. I have not jumped the big post at the solenoid. I have some knowledge of Ezgo but none on Yamaha. I would thank you for any help.

Hi, when a battery pack voltage is at 36.2 volts, it's indicative of a state of charge (SoC) that's less than 50%. Simply put, the batteries are significantly discharged and may not have enough power to operate the cart's motor. At this level of charge, the batteries may still have enough power to activate the solenoid, which is why you're hearing the clicking noise. However, they likely lack the sufficient energy to propel the cart forward or in reverse.

To put it into perspective, a fully charged 36v battery pack typically measures around 38-42 volts, depending on the specific battery chemistry and configuration. Therefore, for functionality, the battery pack voltage should ideally be within this range when fully charged. When the voltage drops below this threshold, it's a clear indication that the batteries need to be recharged to ensure reliable operation of the cart.

If the batteries are old (around 5 years) or haven't been properly maintained, they may struggle to reach the optimal voltage threshold even when fully charged. Over time, factors such as age, usage, and improper upkeep can degrade the performance and capacity of the batteries. In such cases, even with a full charge, the batteries may not be able to provide the necessary power output to operate the cart effectively. This can result in issues such as the inability to move the cart forward or in reverse despite the solenoid clicking. If you find that the batteries consistently fail to reach the optimal voltage range or exhibit signs of diminished performance, such as rapid voltage drop under load or reduced or no runtime, it may be an indication that they need to be replaced.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X