1980 yam g1e elec ---wont move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980 yam g1e elec ---wont move

press the pedal and the motor wines like normal, but doesnt drive fwd or reverse...where to start? is there a shear pin? please help me get started here

Here's how you can get started, perform a load test on the batteries and make sure they are delivering sufficient power to the motor. To do an individual battery load test, you'll need a multimeter capable of measuring voltage and a load tester. Start by disconnecting each battery from the circuit and testing its voltage with the multimeter. Then, connect the load tester to the battery and apply a load equal to half its rated capacity for 15 seconds. Measure the voltage again during the load test. A significant drop in voltage indicates a weak or failing battery that may need replacement.

Next, inspect the rear hubs to see if any of them have spun. You can do this by removing any dust covers covering the axle shaft bolt and observing whether the bolt spins when the pedal is pressed. If the bolt spins independently of the hub, it indicates that the hub has spun on the axle shaft. This can occur due to excessive torque or worn out components and may require replacement of the hub assembly.

Finally, if the batteries and rear hubs check out fine, it's time to inspect the motor. Pull the motor from the cart and carefully examine the spline, the grooved shaft that connects the motor to the drivetrain. Check for any signs of damage or wear on the spline, such as stripping or deformation, which could prevent the motor from transferring power to the wheels effectively. I attached the service manual for the G1E, let me know if you need assistance or have any questions along the way
    Attached Files

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X