Torque Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torque Question

I have a G16 36v with brand new batteries that are all load tested with no problems. It has stock motor, and stock controller. It has a 6" Jake's A-Arm lift kit, 23x11x10 tires, and flip flop back seat. I upgraded the cabling from #6 gauge to #4 gauge. Prior to the new batteries, and upgraded cabling, there was a hill on my lease that I could not climb with 2 people on it. After the new batteries, and cabling it can climb it, but it really struggles with it. I am looking for more torque on my cart, and I know I can get that with an upgraded controller, and motor. But, I was wondering how much of difference would it make in torque, if I down graded the tires to 20x10x10? Trying to figure out if it would be worth changing tires to get the torque I am looking for, or just to wait and upgrade the controller and motor.
    Updated by ggarza1; June 1, 2010, 08:24 PM.

The smaller the better, so you will not notice much of a difference downsizing the wheels like you said. But you would get the type of torque you are looking for by going back to stock tire sizes. So i will have to agree to wait for the motor upgrade, unless you can locate a high torque gear ratio you can run.
    Regards

Comment

Thank you Matti

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X