G1 controller conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G1 controller conversion

I would like to convert my G1 to electronic controller. Can anyone recommend a controller, potentiometer combination that would both work and be reasonably easy to install? I expect to have to fabricate mounts, connections to pedal etc. and am not afraid of wiring. I don't expect this to be a bolt-on application. Note that I replaced the motor with a GE of the same capacity and connections as original. It works fine.

This is not a high-performance cart. I have no intention of lifting it or anything like that. I'm just tired of burning out contacts in the wiper board.

Converting your G1 to electronic control is definitely possible. The real excitement kicks in when you start brainstorming ways to craft a mount for the potentiometer that works seamlessly with the gas pedal. Picture fashioning a cable pull cam on the throttle linkage, allowing you to tweak the potentiometer using a spare brake cable or a cable from a newer cart. Once you've conquered the potentiometer mount, the rest of the conversion becomes a journey of discovery. You'll need to track down a suitable controller (the brain behind the electronic operation) and a well matched solenoid (the power player responsible for engaging your cart's drive system).

With a diagram and a handful of wires and cables you'll be well on your way. Of course, every project has its unique challenges. The key mounted forward/reverse switch becomes obsolete. While fabricating a mount for a manual forward/reverse switch may test your creativity, it's all part of the process. And when it comes to the potentiometer, the Curtis PB-6 stands out as a popular choice. Feel free to ask if you have any questions
    Updated by Michael Eddie; last week.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X