2000 Yamaha G16E need price advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Yamaha G16E need price advice

new to the cart deal, simply buying one for a place we have at the lake. I found a 2000 model Yamaha G16E. Batteries supposedly 3-4 yrs old, cart looks well used but seats (rear and front) are real good just real dirty. $800.00 is the price, should I consider this a good deal? I can also buy a 2007 straight off of a golf course for 2200.00 after tax and back seat? am i crazy to go with the older one trying to save money?

Posted earlier by davidspence7 View Post
    new to the cart deal, simply buying one for a place we have at the lake. I found a 2000 model Yamaha G16E. Batteries supposedly 3-4 yrs old, cart looks well used but seats (rear and front) are real good just real dirty. $800.00 is the price, should I consider this a good deal? I can also buy a 2007 straight off of a golf course for 2200.00 after tax and back seat? am i crazy to go with the older one trying to save money?
    Both seem like good prices, but keep in mind they both sound like they need new batteries which will run you about $100 each battery. The G16E is a pretty reliable cart but the most reliable golf cart in my opinion are gas driven Yamaha's.
    Regards

Comment

how many batteries will the 2000 G16 have? The owner does not know if it is a 36V or a 48V, i wont see it until i drive 500 miles to get it.

Comment

Posted earlier by davidspence7 View Post
        how many batteries will the 2000 G16 have? The owner does not know if it is a 36V or a 48V, i wont see it until i drive 500 miles to get it.
        Six batteries. Tell him to see how many water fill plugs each battery has, if there are 3 then each battery is 6 volts (6 volts x 6 batteries = 36volts). If it is 4 than each battery is 8 volts (8 volts x 6 batteries = 48 volts) If I am not mistaken the G16 only came in 36 volts. I would tell him to take some detail pictures of the undercarriage, mainly the battery trays if it was not maintained very well because they could rust out over time due to battery spillage.
        Regards

Comment

many thanks

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X