No forward, Reverse only G16E 1999 Yamaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No forward, Reverse only G16E 1999 Yamaha

After rebuilding the wiring harness (thanks for the diagram, saved me a bunch of time) and repairing the motor (previous owner had tried to repair and got the brushes in wrong, I think) the cart will now run in reverse only. I have the wheels off the ground so do not know how much torque it has.

If I disconnect the yellow wire from the f/r switch micro the motor will turn in forward as well as reverse. The controller thinks the cart is always in reverse.
    Just wanted to see if there was anything else I was missing?

Quick question on the motor, the previous owner had the brushes at 0 and 90 degrees to for A1 and 180 and 270 for A2. I changed it to 0 and 180 for A1 and 90 and 270 for A2. Is this correct? I am assuming it is since the motor now runs.

Update/Correction

Correction to the original post. I actually had to cross the yellow and yellow/black to tell the controller it was in reverse.

Put the batteries back in and put some charge on them. The cart will move, barely. The battery voltage never drops below 36 volts. So at this point it appears the controller is bad. No torque.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X