Yamaha Cart Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Cart Question

Hi, Just wondering a few questions. I just bought a Brand new 2009 4 seat cart. Drive PTV 48 Volt.

Under the Rear Seat it says manufactured in 2006! Is this a concern? Is there been upgrades since then? It is brand new, but 2006?

Also, how do I disable the Reverse noise? And it says it will go 19 with the speed chip or whatever, but it feels slower than 19.

Thanks in Advance

Use this thread here to determine the actual year of your golf cart using the serial number http://www.golfcart-forums.com/golf-...golf-cart.html

To disable the buzzer, find where the noise is coming from and then disconnect a wire or the plug that goes in to it. I don't think the Drive comes stock going 19, the controller can be programmed by the dealer to allow this. You would have to ask them for more information.

Hope this helps.
    Regards

Comment

Thanks. Looks like its a 2008 or later. Since my number is greater than the beginning number for 2008.

JW2-217390 vs. an 2008 number starting at -100101

But having a 2006 sticker from Ga?????

Thanks-

Comment

Posted earlier by rhinomd11 View Post
        Thanks. Looks like its a 2008 or later. Since my number is greater than the beginning number for 2008.

JW2-217390 vs. an 2008 number starting at -100101

But having a 2006 sticker from Ga?????

Thanks-
        Is it a Yamaha sticker and what part is it attached to? If so let me know and I'll check into why it is dated like that.
        Regards

Comment

The reverse buzzer is part of the forward/reverse switch. I was told by the dealer it can't be disconnected without replacing the switch with an off market switch. People who have disconnected reverse switches tend to run into things in thier garage or around other carts because they forget they are in reverse without knowing it. Think about it before you try something.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X