1997 G16e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 G16e

I had a member drop off his Yamaha cart yesterday in a no run condition. I'm not familiar with them as I've only worked on EZ-GOs. I poked around it a little today found a blown 10 amp fuse. Replaced the fuse and got the solenoid to pop but still no forward or reverse. Thought I better get some reference material before I went any farther. Any help would be appreciated.

Brian
    Lafayette Elks Country Club

Hi bschremp, run a 6 gage wire across the large terminals on the solenoid. If it runs then your solenoid is toast.
    Regards

Comment

I jumped the solenoid posts but still have a no run situation.

Comment

Check the voltage on all batteries, and all the connections on the batteries and the solenoid. If this doesnt do it, you may be looking at a controller issue.
        Regards

Comment

Turned out to be a bad controller. Bought a rebuilt from Cart Parts Inc. at about half the cost of a new one and it's back up and running. The member is happy and I'm a fifth of Gentelman Jack richer! Thanks for all your help, greatly appreciated.

Comment

Glad we helped you get it figured out, also thanks for the followup! Happy carting
            Regards

Comment

g16e

I need a g16e wiring diagram

Comment

Posted earlier by dicksta View Post
                I need a g16e wiring diagram
                There is one in the diagrams section, you are welcome to it.
                Regards

Comment

I'm working on a 98 g16e and i replaced the relay solenoid and i worked in forward but when i switched it to reverse i smoked the batteries. I beieve its missed wired according to the wiring diagram but there is 2 wires i'm not sure where they go. the wiring diagram is a little vague. I would appreciate it greatly if someone could take a picture of there wiring so I can tell where mine go. Thank you!!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  X