1999 G19 battery issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 G19 battery issues

I've been given an old 1999 G19 Yamaha 48v golf cart for use around our property. It had been sitting unused for the past couple of years, and the 6 x 8volt batteries were completely drained.

I've been trying to salvage the batteries, but they appear to hold no more than ~8 volts total per battery. It seems the Yamaha service manual calls for at least 2.38v per cell (9.5v per battery).

I'm seeing some strange recharger behavior (red incomplete light stays on), and the cart does not operate as I would expect (very little power).

If the batteries I have now won't hold a minimum of 9.5v per battery, should I consider them failed and the entire battery bank of 6 batteries would need to be replaced ?

Thanks to all in advance,

You have done a good job with those batteries And I'm surprised you got Them that high. Now here is the kicker Put your meter on them and drive the cart and see what the voltage drops to I think you will find they drop to a very low voltage Meeting you got the voltage up but they just do not have the capacity to run the cart.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X