g16 motor or controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g16 motor or controller?

My cart will not run, solenoid clicks,has voltage across solenoid. Is the correct way to check the motor is to apply + to s2 and - to a2, then jump across a1 & s1 , then the motor should run full out, correct? looking at wiring diagagram, looks like the controller supplies a variable ground to a2 to control speed? i am getting no ground from controller to a2, but when i supply ground at a2 the motor still does not run. the throttle sensor is also working, resistance varies with pedal position. just learning how to to fix this thing, had it for 4 years and have only had to replace a couple of batteries or clean some connections. I drove it in the garage last winter ok, but it would not move out this spring. any advise would be appreciated. Thanks, Vic.

Were you keeping the cart charged regularly? Try putting a 6 gage wire across the large terminals on the solenoid to see if it runs.

To test the motor and controller make sure the cart is fully charged, then jack up the rear and run a pair of jumper cables from the last ground on the batteries to the A2 post on the electric motor and press the gas pedal, if the car runs full out the controller is junked.
    Regards

Comment

I tried using jumper cable from last negative to a2, motor will not run. i am thinking at this point i have a bad motor. i did notice one thing, even with the key off and the pedal not depressed, i have 36 volts across the large terminals on the soleniod, kinda like the soleniod is stuck in the energized position. small black wire is always ground, and the red wire is getting voltage when the pedal is depressed and the soleniod clicks normally, but always voltage across large terminals.
      Updated by VICN8R; April 29, 2008, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X