Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

06 G22E Getting ready to put $$$ into any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 G22E Getting ready to put $$$ into any advice?

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum but not new to golf carts. I have a 81 club car electric that is still going but I just bought a used 06 G22E with 23" tires and a 6"lift Jakes lift on it. I live in an area with steep hills and I know its gonna need a power boost. I only do things right and I dont mind spending $ if its done correctly. I'm thinking of replacing the 6 8V refurbished batteries with 8 6volt. I hope there is room, if not I have a line feed welder and can make new supports. Has anyone done this?

My main concern is power uphill with those 23" tires. I have already purchased a back seat and new heavy duty springs. I was thinking of using D&D motors website for motor, controller, wire kit 4gauge, new solenoid. Any suggestions? Am I forgetting anything?

Any advice good or bad is greatly appreciated.

I have heard from a local golf cart shop that the Yamaha is a waste of my time and money to upgrade. I know these people are biased because they couldn't tell me WHY it's a waste of time and money. They just want me to buy their line of cart not Yamaha. Any truth to their opinion?
Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X