controller problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• controller problems

I have a '97 ge16e that goes jerking forward upon pressing the accltr pedal. Checked the motor 4 brush problems, but they seemed ok. Opened that sealed controller and found all Mosfets, IRFZ48, 2 be shorted!!!...Haven't replaced it yet, and wondering whether anybody has tried replacing these..and maybe knows what else/parts 2 replace other than these Mosfets...Thanks so much!

Some have tried, most have failed and it usually ends up with more than the mosfets themselves including burned resistors. I have not known anyone yet who has successfully rebuilt one but there's always a first.
    IMO your best option is to buy another controller then see if you can fix your current one later.
    Do you have a source for controllers?

Comment

Thanks 4 d quick reply dougmcp. Unfortunately i don't have a source of d controller yet, i was hoping 2 find 1 here... And it's circuit schematics as well, and maybe be able 2 fix it.

Sad though 2 know that many have tried and ended up w/ merely replacement it. But i'll give it shot though and later share what i've come up w/. At d moment, i've taken out those mosfets n burned 150ohms resistors...measured d voltages at d 'gate' drive, and found out that it wasn't changing voltage as i press d pedal accrltr, as they are supposed to...i'll have 2 check d throttle sensor. Oh well, if i find it good, then it's back to d controller again.
      I'm eager 2 see even a wiring diagram of this model, but it's my 2nd post, have 2 get 3 more in order 2 view them.
      Again thanks dougmcp!!!

Comment

Best price I have seen on a stock rebuilt G-16 controller is $105.
        These people sell to the dealers and some general public for the same prices.
        They may even have the diodes and resistors you need if you wanted to attempt a repair after you get your cart fixed.
        Give these guys a shout: nusource@nusourceinc.net

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X