2002 Yamaha G22E Electric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Yamaha G22E Electric

Yamaha G22E Electric wont run. First it would Randomly cut out and then when I flipped Run/Tow switch it would come back on again. Then it only ran in reverse and the Solenoid would just click in Drive Mode, Then it would die reverse with weak buzzer and you would have to flip Run/Tow a million times for it to even go in reverse.Now nothing at all. Checked fuse next to solenoid in wire harness it good. Motor tests good. New Controller and Accelerator stop switch.

No Reverse Beeper or Solenoid Click. Battery's all Have Full Voltage and test Good. I'm thinking it has something to do with the Pin Connector wire harness that plugs into the controller and has 2 little wires that plug into the run/tow switch it hooks up to the Potentiometer and Accelerator stop switch under the floor.

what do you guys think it could be?

Matt

I would normally think it is a controller related problem but you have already changed it. Is it the same kind of controller or did you use a different manufacturer like Alltrax? Was it a new one or rebuilt?
    Did you check the small 3a fuse that runs to the Run/Tow switch?

Comment

http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/golf...CP%20YA%200440

Fuse is fine, The link contains the kind of controller.

How far near to the tow switch is it?
      I checked one right next to solenoid

Comment

Posted earlier by pjmia96 View Post
        http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/golf...CP%20YA%200440

Fuse is fine, The link contains the kind of controller.

How far near to the tow switch is it?
        I checked one right next to solenoid
        The fuse is the one next to the solenoid, if it's OK then I would start with a voltage test to see if you are getting power to the solenoid.
        If you have power to the solenoid put a 6ga wire across the large posts of the solenoid, if the cart runs replace the solenoid.
        If you have no power to the solenoid you will need to go back through the control circuit and see where you are losing the signal.
        The wiring diagram for your cart is here: http://www.golfcartsforum.com/attach...ng-diagram.gif

Comment

Assuming you checked all the basics... Wire harness corrosion or split wires (check it all out and pay close attention where it goes under the batteries) or the Run/Tow switch is no good.
          Regards

Comment

Doug- I have jumped the solenoid in the past back when I had reverse only and it tests Good.(The wheels Do Not Spin). I do have Voltage going to the Solenoid.

Matti-The tow switch is Good. I have not Tested The pin wire harness coming from controller to accelerator stop switch. I have a feeling that's the problem. How should I Test the wire harness for corrosion??

Comment

Matti-The tow switch is Good. I have not Tested The pin wire harness coming from controller to accelerator stop switch. I have a feeling that's the problem. How should I Test the wire harness for corrosion??
              Peel back the coverings over the harness and have a look, it should look clean and untouched if it is OK. if there is any dirt, corrosion or missing rubber you need to start stripping it down to look further. The whole harness is about $140 at your Yamaha dealer if you were wondering.
              Regards

Comment

Yes I was wondering that Might be better off Starting Fresh. Do you know how I could Purchase one of those through Yamaha?

Comment

Yes I was wondering that Might be better off Starting Fresh. Do you know how I could Purchase one of those through Yamaha?
                  You can call any Yamaha Golf Car dealer and order it over the phone if you are not local to any, most likely they can ship it to you for a small cost.
                  Regards

Comment

Wow you Guys are Helpful.

Thanks, This is a great Fourm

Comment

Anytime
                      Regards

Comment

I checked almost all of the harness the only part I didnt check is the small part right next to the Pot Box. I took the harness right off so its bare wire. What could be Next???

Comment

Harness Is Good

Comment

Start back where Doug left off, check the basics. I understand that you jumped the solenoid in the past but we want to know if it works now. Go over all your wiring with a wiring diagram, and make sure that your batteries are charged and that your battery wiring is right.

Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
                            The fuse is the one next to the solenoid, if it's OK then I would start with a voltage test to see if you are getting power to the solenoid.
                            If you have power to the solenoid put a 6ga wire across the large posts of the solenoid, if the cart runs replace the solenoid.
                            If you have no power to the solenoid you will need to go back through the control circuit and see where you are losing the signal.
                            The wiring diagram for your cart is here: http://www.golfcartsforum.com/attach...ng-diagram.gif
                            Regards

Comment

OK will Do. Just so you know i'm only 14Ys Old LOL. But for the past 3 Years i've been learning about golf carts after we run into problem after problem. I know allot now. I'm good at rewiring, replacing batteries, fixing problems. My uncle has 3 Golf Carts at His farm that I fix. Whenever he has a problem with his Golf Cart I would put it on a Forum get answers and try different things that I learn from You, or Doug. The funny thing is I do it all myself, one day the carts not working I come along...All Fixed. So whenever someone reply's to a thread I post tell me the same thing you would tell an Adult. Its all a learning Process.

Matt

Comment

OK will Do. Just so you know i'm only 14Ys Old LOL. But for the past 3 Years i've been learning about golf carts after we run into problem after problem. I know allot now. I'm good at rewiring, replacing batteries, fixing problems. My uncle has 3 Golf Carts at His farm that I fix. Whenever he has a problem with his Golf Cart I would put it on a Forum get answers and try different things that I learn from You, or Doug. The funny thing is I do it all myself, one day the carts not working I come along...All Fixed. So whenever someone reply's to a thread I post tell me the same thing you would tell an Adult. Its all a learning Process.

Matt
                                I had a feeling from your username, dont worry I wont cut you any slack
                                Regards

Comment

OK Thanks I will play with the golf Cart Friday and report back.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                  X