Yamaha G19 48 Volt not charging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha G19 48 Volt not charging

OK, i have a problem. Got back from running my golf cart! Plugged it in, all the LED’s done what the usually do, it went to the LED saying incomplete. Just as it does all the time! But let it charge overnight, went to it in the morning and it still says the same thing. Usually it goes to Charge completed, but it didn’t. Looks like it didn’t even charge. Put a meter on the batteries and it shows that the batteries have 48 VDC. Just wondering if something is wrong. Only had Golf Cart a few months, it is a second hand golf cart.

I have a battery meter on the batteries and it usually shows fully charged after I charge it, but it now only shows 1/4 charged.

Moved to yamaha electric, hello froghunter, you may have to charge up each battery individually in order to get it to charge again. Sometimes when the pack has under a certain voltage, the charger will not register enough to go through the cycle.
    Regards

Comment

What kind of charger do you have? Make and model?

Comment

Posted earlier by Matti View Post
        Moved to yamaha electric, hello froghunter, you may have to charge up each battery individually in order to get it to charge again. Sometimes when the pack has under a certain voltage, the charger will not register enough to go through the cycle.

How do I charge each one individually, they're 8 volts each and I don't have a charger for that. The one charger i have is for 12 v car batteries

Comment

Posted earlier by froghunter View Post
          How do I charge each one individually, they're 8 volts each and I don't have a charger for that. The one charger i have is for 12 v car batteries
          You can use a 12v charger on 8v batteries if you are careful.
          Use the 2a setting and charge each one for 15-30 minutes.
          Although it should be fine, I'd keep an eye on them for boiling and heat.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X