G16E Diodes, Function question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G16E Diodes, Function question

I Would like to know the purpose/ function of Diodes A+B in the wiring diagram
    for the G16E and are they the same part # or value? Also what would cause A to become true/shorted? I used my ohm meter and got .01 in both direction.
    Thank you in advance

Diode A is for main solenoid protection.
    Diode B is for forward/reverse protection.
    When you checked them were they in circuit or out of circuit?
    I've see them just disintegrate but have never thought why.

Comment

Thanks
      Dougmcp, They were out of circuit, I have a short some where down stream of the of "A" diode, the 10amp fuse fries when I plug the A diode in. I will have to look further, but I won't be able to look for the problem for a few days.
      On a separate note, I did some checking today and found the part#s were the same for both A&B diodes.
      I will post what I find. Once again Thanks

Comment

Kind of a conundrum, if there's a dead short it will take out the diode, if the diode's out it will take the fuse.
        Seems like you know your way around a meter and circuits so I look forward t the finding and resolution.
        Good to see you here, with all the electric carts, we can always use electrical help.

Comment

An update and another request for Knowledge. I had a chance to continue troubleshooting, I removed the A and B diodes , jumped the A circuit. No more blown fuses, but found the solenoid actuated when the key was switched on.
          Found the accelerator microswitch contacts welded closed. Repaired that and contactor/solenoid working with 37+ when acc pedal depressed.
          My request is " What does the controller look for before output to what looks like the Neg side of A2. No travel/ motion yet
          i

As always thank you for your Wisdom

Comment

diodes are chiep enough to just replace ...

Rat shack has 3amp diodes that will work fine for about $2

make sure you observe polarity when you put them back in line

Comment

Posted earlier by Salty View Post
              An update and another request for Knowledge. I had a chance to continue troubleshooting, I removed the A and B diodes , jumped the A circuit. No more blown fuses, but found the solenoid actuated when the key was switched on.
              Found the accelerator microswitch contacts welded closed. Repaired that and contactor/solenoid working with 37+ when acc pedal depressed.
              My request is " What does the controller look for before output to what looks like the Neg side of A2. No travel/ motion yet
              i

As always thank you for your Wisdom
              Thanks for following up and letting us know you got it fixed.

Comment

Posted earlier by forbruce View Post
                diodes are chiep enough to just replace ...

Rat shack has 3amp diodes that will work fine for about $2

make sure you observe polarity when you put them back in line
                Good info forbruce, thanks.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X