G-29.......Max Speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-29.......Max Speed?

I am now looking at a 2007 G-29 "Drive" Elec and the Owner's Manual I dnld-ed says the factory-set speed is 12 MPH, and the max speed is 15 MPH. I have been told that a Yamaha dealer can "buy" a code from Yamaha that gets it up to 19 (+or-) but the dealer must install lights, seat belts, etc and sign off "in blood" before even he can get a code (which costs about $150 for handling, or whatever). Sound right? I would like to go a little more than 15 MPH ... say 19 or 20 MPH on my "retirement community" paved streets...........and not much more than that (with 2-wheel mechanical brakes) BTW- I was looking at a resistor cart earlier, but was (wisely methinks) advised by a forum member to go with a "controller" cart..like any 48 volt Club Car or an EZ Go. Yamaha may not be the best of choices; but I was very impressed with an older Yamaha Sun Classic gas I bought (used) back in Nebr. that just ran, and ran, and ran...with "zero" problems. Thanks for any suggestions, Ed S in TX

Posted earlier by youracman View Post
    I am now looking at a 2007 G-29 "Drive" Elec and the Owner's Manual I dnld-ed says the factory-set speed is 12 MPH, and the max speed is 15 MPH. I have been told that a Yamaha dealer can "buy" a code from Yamaha that gets it up to 19 (+or-) but the dealer must install lights, seat belts, etc and sign off "in blood" before even he can get a code (which costs about $150 for handling, or whatever). Sound right? I would like to go a little more than 15 MPH ... say 19 or 20 MPH on my "retirement community" paved streets...........and not much more than that (with 2-wheel mechanical brakes) BTW- I was looking at a resistor cart earlier, but was (wisely methinks) advised by a forum member to go with a "controller" cart..like any 48 volt Club Car or an EZ Go. Yamaha may not be the best of choices; but I was very impressed with an older Yamaha Sun Classic gas I bought (used) back in Nebr. that just ran, and ran, and ran...with "zero" problems. Thanks for any suggestions, Ed S in TX
    Yes the old Yamaha's were built to last forever, not necessarily with the new ones lol. The dealer can reprogram your controller, I never had it done so I couldn't explain prices.

The older resistor carts were simpler which I prefer, when I needed speed I strapped another battery on and got a few more MPH's. Could even get away with spinning the tires a bit. Not so great at low speeds but if you are use to running WOT it's great. This is obviously something you cant do with a controller cart so please don't try it. Thought I should add that since I don't want to see any expensive controllers blown this spring
    Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X