Battery Load Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Load Test

This seems to be a subject that is talked about a lot but I can't find info on load testors that will test 8 volt batteries. Can someone tell me the best way to load test these batteries and what load testor is best? All the load testors that I have found so far have be for 6v or 12v or for 6v and 12v.

Hello. Just fully charge the batteries, then run the cart for half an hour and finally jack up the rear end of the cart and floor it and test the batteries at the same time. That is going to be the load tested reading.
    Regards

Comment

Thanks Mattie. I apologize for being such a dummy but does that mean you use only a volt meter and not a load testor? Also, what readings should I be looking for? Do I look at each individual battery or do I look at the pack? The cart is a 95 Club Car, 48 volt with 6 eight volt batteries. I was having trouble getting it to go. Had turn on/off switch on and off a number of times. Found a corrosion bridge between two terminals on a solenoid. I cleaned it with a commercial battery cleaner and all appears to working correctly at the moment.

Comment

Yep just use a volt meter. You will be looking for a battery that shows a lower charge than the rest of the pack.

Example on 6 volt batteries: 5.87 5.82 5.84 5.86 5.81 5.29. The last battery would be the bad battery. You are looking for a .50 volt change. If the batteries are 3-4 years old already just replace the whole set.
        Regards

Comment

Thanks Matti, I'll go get a volt meter and take a run at it.

Comment

Posted earlier by n2toys View Post
            Thanks Mattie. I apologize for being such a dummy but does that mean you use only a volt meter and not a load testor? Also, what readings should I be looking for? Do I look at each individual battery or do I look at the pack? The cart is a 95 Club Car, 48 volt with 6 eight volt batteries. I was having trouble getting it to go. Had turn on/off switch on and off a number of times. Found a corrosion bridge between two terminals on a solenoid. I cleaned it with a commercial battery cleaner and all appears to working correctly at the moment.
            The readings should be in the order of the 8 volts for a fully charged battery. These are 8v batteries!

Ideal voltage per fully charged rested battery is 8.47 ~ 8.52 volts.

http://www.trojanbattery.com/Battery...e/Testing.aspx

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X