Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 clubcar ds 36 volt motor won't run

Hello

I was given one of these carts from a friend who tried to rewire it. he gave me some wiring diagrams but i find they are for a earlier model. (83-85 models) there must be some differences because it does not run. The motor looks new it is a g.e. motor it may have come with it not sure but it does not seem to be right I get power to the motor and out of the motor to the solenoids. the solenoids do not make a sound when you step on the gas. I am wondering where I could find a complete diagram for this model from ignition switch to the motor. this way i can check the entire system.

Thanks
    Joe Landers

Hi Joe, here is the correct wiring diagram. If the wiring checks out let me know http://www.golfcart-forums.com/golf-...g-diagram.html
    Regards

Comment

thanks for the reply however that appears to be a gas model I have 36v electric.

Comment

Ops, here http://www.golfcart-forums.com/golf-...g-diagram.html
        Regards

Comment

same as one that i have is there a way to test the motor on the bench it has 4 connections so I assume there should be 2 connections for forward and 2 for reverse? If it works it would point me to the next location.

Thanks

Comment

Hello, to bench test the motor run a jumper line from A1 to S1, and another jumper line from A2 to S2. Now run a positive charge to the S1/A1 connection and the negative charge to the A2/S2 connection.
            Regards

Comment

motor results

Hi Matti
              I got to the shop today with all we talked about On the G.E. motor there is a tag ;

ccw connect a2 and s1 and a1 and s2 and provide power to a1/s2

cw reverse a1 & a2

If i follow the tag it is correct with a 36 volt supply but when i wired the motor to the cart no joy.

I feel the problem is with the hookups to the motor with the solenoids and to the f&r switch

not sure if this diagram will show but this is the one that he had for it.

is the site he used for the diagrams I guess i need better diagrams for the heavy cable connections to the motor to the solenoids to the f&r switch. Sorry to be a pest but when you are dealing with someone elses wiring project it always seems they wire it wrong to me. Plus getting this cart running is important to me due to the use it will get for a 77 year old lady

Thanks
              Joe

Comment

try diagram again
                Attached Files

Comment

no joy

Still no joy have not heard from anyone with any ideas

Comment

Let me know what you need, is the diagram that I got not clear or is it wrong? If it is wrong are you sure that the year of the cart is correct?

Is your cart the 5 solenoid setup? Maybe this is the problem.
                    Regards

Comment

Yes it is a 5 solenoid system I will get the id plate on the cart in the afternoon today . But i am pretty sure it is a 86 model

Thanks
                      Joe

Comment

OK I'll have up that diagram in a bit
                        Regards

Comment

in response to your email before the id number is a8633106982 got called away last week sorry to take so long

Comment

no response to message

Hey Matti

I sent you a reply a week or 2 ago in response to my 86 clubcar electric that would not run due to wiring issues you said you were going to send something and asked for serial number the reply is in old thread

Thanks
                            Joe

Comment

Hi ke4eue, I have been caught here working on fixing the website. Did not forget about you . I will have the diagram up before Thursday if it is in my stockpile.
                              Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              X