Rear end noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear end noise

I have a noise coming from the rear end that comes and and also changes when you apply power. I jacked it up and I can't really tell if it is coming from the transaxle or the motor. What do you think is my best bet to troubleshoot this. Remove the motor?

While I didn't see a model specified, a quick glimpse into your post history suggests you might have an 2008 Precedent and it sounds like you're dealing with quite the puzzling noise indeed. The changing pitch when you apply power suggests it could be the input shaft bearings inside the differential or potentially a motor bearing causing the racket. Before you start dismantling, find a small hill, drive then let your cart coast down and see if the noise persists. If it sticks around it's likely a mechanical issue like bearings or gears, if it disappears it might be an electrical noise.

Comment

The cart I have down here in Florida is a 2003 club car 48 volt. The noise does change if I let off going down hill but it also goes away if I apply power. I changed the differential fluid but that didn't do much. The old oil looked fine. I guess I'll pull the motor and have it checked. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X