2005 Club Car Precedent Nokins light kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Club Car Precedent Nokins light kit

I am trying to install a Nokins light kit in a 2005 Club Car Precedent. The cart has 4 batteries/48V.
    The kit comes with a voltage reducer with an Acc line that needs some voltage to activate the output of the reducer.
    This is accomplished by a wire that runs through the harness to the key switch. The line is connected to the blue wire on the key switch which is 0V when the key is off and is energized when the key is turned on.

I measure 51.1V between the positive terminal of battery #1 and the negative terminal of battery #4.
    With the key off, the green wire connected to the key is at 26.2V and the blue wire is at 0V.
    With the key on, the green wire and the blue wire are both 3.8V.

This does not seems to be enough to allow the voltage reducer to energize the output wires.

If I connect the Acc line on the reducer directly to the positive terminal of battery #1 as the directions state, for testing the function of the voltage reducer, the output wire of the reducer shows 13.0V as expected. This temporary connection is supposed to be replaced with the connection to the switched side of the key so the light are shut off when the key is turned off.

The question I have is, what should the voltage be on the blue wire when the key is turned on?

I have also sent this question via email to the email address in the installation instructions, but I do not know how quickly a response may come from them.

Problem solved! Or maybe understanding the information has been achieved.

The problem was that I was taking the readings when the tow/run switch was in the tow position.
    When I switch it to the run position, I see 50V on the green wire and 0V on the blue wire when the key is off.
    When the key is on I see 50V on both wires.

Now I can finish the install and get the cart put back together.
    Definitely a learning experience.

Comment

Looks like you've cracked the case, or should I say, flipped the switch! Ah, the mysteries of voltage readings and the magic of the tow/run switch strikes again!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X