reverse but no forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reverse but no forward

Hi ,I have a 1994 Club car with the ignition switch in the on position and the F/R switch in the forward position when I press down on the accelerator the solenoid clicks but the cart will not go forward...when I change the F/R selector to Reverse the cart goes full speed in reverse without doing anything...Help please!!

does your cart have resistors or solid state controller?

Comment

Solid State controller.

Comment

when I place the F/R lever in F and push up on the first switch lever(the one that's on the left of photo) the cart moves forward... pulling my hair out now!..:-(

Comment

try posting the picture again, it's not showing up.

Comment

ok hope it showed up this time...
            Attached Files

Comment

when I place the F/R lever in F and push up on the first switch lever(the one that's on the left of photo) the cart moves forward... pulling my hair out now!http://www.golfcartsforum.com/attach...68-1-.jpg..:-(

Comment

Major amount of corrosion. Needs some serious cleaning. Start by cleaning all the connections, but disconnect the batteries first. May need to replace the micro switches. You near saltwater?

Comment

the switch with the black and white wires is for half speed reverse(black has resistor). the attached wiring diagram is for a 92 but is the same. check the f&r switch wiring to motor and controller and check all connections. could be bad connection in f&r rotor and rotor contacts. Also could be a problem with the wiper switch/speed control.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ok thank you! I will clean up the corrosion and then check the f&r switch wiring to motor and controller and check all connections. then check f&r rotor and rotor contacts. then I will check the wiper switch/speed control and let you all know what works...Thank you!

Comment

can anyone tell me which post the white wire attaches to? Like a dummy I disassembled the old one and didn't photograph which ones the black and white wires came from I believe I have the black wire on the right post...right?
                      Attached Files

Comment

i used your picture... what i have in the manual.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ok! Thank you wthompson!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          X