Change from resistor to controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change from resistor to controller?

After reading some more here, I find that it may be possible to change the resistor bank to a controller, is this true?

How to do this would be helpful, if it is true!

Thanks

Bruce just how handy are you with electrical issues. What are your uses golf ?
    You need
    Pot box of some sort (for go pedal)
    controller
    you can reuse the F/R switch or you could go to f/r relays
    will you be making it a 48 volt (much faster when using a 36 volt motor)
    maybe solenoid
    all new wires
    and about 500 to 1000 dollars

Comment

I agree with Gaminde.

I am an electrician, and an ex vehicle mechanic.

I spent more on my cart making it look nice around the campground than I did getting it to move from a to b.

If I want to upgrade, I would convert it to 48v and still use the resistor array. When you are at full throttle, the resistors are taken out of the circuit.

Around the campground, 10-15 MPH is the top speed anyway.
      Updated by timflury; May 9, 2013, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks to both of you, I am just trying to make it go a little faster around the park. I am an electrical/mechanical engineer and a rather skilled guy with controls, having been in the building automation business for 40 years.
        Don't want to spend much but am a tinkerer. Added a volt and amp meter when someonje mentioned that it will pull 250 amps, well discovered that it runs about 50 amps normally. I'll post photos and instructions later in case someone wants to add the same. Cheap modification, all parts available on EBay.

Again thanks for your input my learning curve about carts is very steep, but fun.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X