Gear noise..... "fixed"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear noise..... "fixed"

Gents, I just wanted to post my "fix" for an annoying pinion gear-type low speed howl in my "rebuilt-by-me-from-a-piece-of-trash" '05 Precedent......just so you will know what is "out there" if you are ever interested.

I was shopping around for a "slightly upgraded" motor, when I found that an outfit called "Plum Quick" had some '07 transaxle/drive assemblies they acquired from Club Car that had never been used. Evidently Club Car received a large order for gas carts and they were short some of the body parts, so they canabilized some electrics (which they had an oversupply of). Result: a lot of '07 running gear assys for surplus. Plum Quick bought some of them (maybe all of 'em .... I dunno.)

I bought a complete assy from Plum Quick ..... for $130 + shipping via UPS ground! Installed it yesterday and (obviously) my howl gremlin is g-o-n-e. I had contemplated replacing the input gear with its bearings .... and the cost for that alone would have been over $200.....plus (for me, anyway) the grief of splitting the transaxle case + I mighta mis-diaganosed things and just been out the $200 (yes, I have done that sort of thing before.)

BTW- I have no affiliation whatever with the company....they are at www.plumquick.com If you need new running gear, go to their site and click on "Used Parts"

I will attempt to post some of the pics of my all day project....many of you could do it in 1/2 day I am sure (but I will be 82 this summer and I move slow and take lotsa breaks ). If the pics don't work, I will rework them and try a re-post.....hopefully you can click on them to enlarge?

If you need to do this sort of thing, I can send you a PDF of the instructions from the Club Car manual. (PM me at yourcaman@yahoo.com)
    Attached Files

youracman,

You're a rockstar... in your 80's rockstar.

Thanks so much for the annotated pictures. Makes the fix so much easier to understand.

I too had a good experience with Plum Quick on my motor upgrade.

I have a 2007 CC DS IQ Gold Standard Remanufacture with the same intermittent gear howl at low speed. I'll give Robbie a call.

Thanks again.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X