Brake shoe identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake shoe identification

I am needing to replace the shoes on my Club Car cart. My problem is that the original ID tag on the dash has been removed. I bought the cart from a private seller who indicated at the time of purchase that cart was late 90's (97-9 but not sure. According to the manual if is earlier than 94 it takes different size shoe. If i remove the shoe is the part number stamped on the shoe?? If so i could match up for correct replacement. Thanks in advance.
    Updated by gerryl42; January 28, 2013, 09:37 AM.

Who are you going to buy the new shoes from, Do the new ones of the part numbers stamped on them. In any case it looks like a dismantle first to me

Comment

I agree on the dismantle, was tryin g to avoid that but guess i'll just bite the bullet and do it. thanks. Wouldn't even be problem if previous owner hadn't removed the ID tag. I don't know any other method of determining year of cart.

Comment

You have no idea what parts you have on that cart it could be a mix mash of parts. So until you Pull a few things apart and figure out what year your car really is it's going to beat all dismantle first.
        maybe post some pictures of your FNR switch battery area rear end and see if anybody recognizes anything front end, dash and controller if there is 1

Comment

Thanks for the input. The cart has been identified as pre 94. The brake shoes on earlier models are shorter on the rear shoe. 94 up takes the shorter rear shoe. pre 94 model, shoes are same length. Not much shorter but enough that they will not adjust out to make contact with the drum.

Comment

Excellent update thank you, that's good information that should help someone in the future.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X