Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Front wheels wont turn

Got it
    Updated by redman34; August 16, 2012, 11:21 PM.

If your standing on the drivers side and looking under the cart while turning the steering wheel and seeing a rubber booted shaft moving thats the steering rack gear. I believe you have the older style rack & pinion that uses a tie rod to connect to the drivers side wheel. Go over to the left side front wheel and look to see if you can see two ball joints and rods connected to the spindle arm bracket. The front rod that you see is the drag link rod that connects to the rack gear. Have someone turn the steering wheel and if that drag link rod doesn't move the threads are stripped or the rod broke and seperated from the rack gear.

Please update this thread with what you find. Thanks..........Keith

Comment

Yes, the cart is exactly as you described. When i went to the passenger side, the ruber boot was flopping. So I cut the tiewrap and peeled back the boot. I found that metal part you described, just flopping in the breeze.

I saw that it could thread into the end of the other metal looking worm drive piece. So i threaded it as far as it would go, then tightened it with a 3/4 wrench. Put the boot and tiewrap back on, and everything is working again.

Is it possible that it just unscrewed itself somehow? Since I really had to crank down on the wrench to tighten it, i didn't think it was stripped.

So it is working again, for now. it is not my cart, it is a battery customer of mine. I charged him 20.00.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X