Parking Brake Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Brake Issues

I have a 2004 Club Car Precedent. My brakes work fine, but when I am on any kind of hill and try to set the parking brake, the cart will roll until it gets to a flat place. My course at home is rather hilly so it is causing a problem.

For someone who does not have much mechanical acumen, is there any easy way to "tighten" the parking brake up?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

There is a rod on the back of the pedal which runs down under the cart to a claw that set's the park brake. Look at this claw it maybe out of adjust ment. I have seen the teeth worn off so they want catch also. The rod on the pedal is a snap on so take it loose and adjust it if u can to hold.
    sigpic
    I'm here to help!
    There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

I assume I will need to take the floor board off to see that. The parking brake will set, it just rolls till it finds flat ground.

Comment

OK sorry you said president not DS model my bad.

Look under floor board and see how much play is in the cables when brake isn't applied. Then set brake and they should be tight. There should be adjustment under the drivers side floor to adjust them.
        Once you find the adjust tighten it up just so the cart want roll.
        sigpic
        I'm here to help!

Comment

Sorry for the possible stupid question (I am by no means a mechanic) what will the adjustment look like and how do I adjust it?

Comment

or and by the way, thanks for information. I have searched the web and not been very succesfull.

Comment

It should be a rod with a heavy duty spring with the brake cables attached to it. Drivers side under the cart.
              sigpic
              I'm here to help!

Comment

One last question, how do I "adjust" it?

Comment

I was able to fix my parking brake by following your directions. Thank you so much.

Comment

Glad u gotter fixed. Sorry I couldn't answer the last question. I my self have never done a cart like yours personally yet. I figured it would be simalar to the old style C/C though but wasn't sure.
                    sigpic
                    I'm here to help!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    X