charging issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charging issues

I have a 2003 club car DS, 48 volt. I have been having issues with my batteries and have replaced with brand new ones and new 4 guage cables. It worked fine the first couple of times but now will not take a charge. I ran it the other day and it runs fine but shuts off while running. If i let off the accelerator and then depress it again in runs fine. This happens over and over. When I went to put it on charge the charger kicks on but shows little to no amperage. Any help will be much appreciated.

Could be several things. But your batteries are not being charged. Some charges will not charge if the battery voltage is too low and you may need to charge each battery separately to get it started. You may have a defective battery or connections and or a defective charger. IT sounds to me that you will have to use a car charger to charge each separate battery (use deep cycle mode carefully as you have 8 volt batteries) There is a new charge out by Stanley the is very good and inexpensive. It does 6,12, 24,36 and 48v batteries the GBCPRO http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-GBCPRO...eywords=gbcpro

Comment

Good suggestions. It could also be the OBC. Can you post your voltage readings and if they are fine there is a procedure to bypass the OBC and then connect your charger to see if it is working correctly. Also, I wouldn't touch that Stanley charger as a member on another forum went through 3 of them on his 48v cart. You get what you pay for. The price is attractive but the quality isn't.
      Updated by erict; July 28, 2012, 07:01 AM.
      2005 CC Precedent

Comment

Take the grey wire and black wire coming out of the charger plug on the cart and hook them to the - of the battery pack.
        See if the charger will kick on.
        You will have to watch the charger though because it want turn off setup like this.
        sigpic
        I'm here to help!
        There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Ill have to check the voltage on the battries and post them. I bought the batteries from interstate. i took the cart and charger to them and had them tested and they said that the voltage on each battery was low. They individually charged them and the cart ran fine. I went to put the cart on charge and the charger kicks in put registers nothing on the amperage. Should i reset my OBC and see what happens? Seems like there is something drawing the voltage down. the cart runs good except for it shutting off from time to time.

Comment

I was reading one of the other forums and someone mentioned that the cart needs to be tow mode before the batteries are replaced. Could i have blown my controller and if so would that give me problems with charging.

Comment

Posted earlier by bradbad73 View Post
              I was reading one of the other forums and someone mentioned that the cart needs to be tow mode before the batteries are replaced. Could i have blown my controller and if so would that give me problems with charging.
              The controller doesn't have anything to do with the charging of the cart. That is the job of the OBC. Anytime you work on the cart always put it in tow mode. You are just lucky as if you did blow your controller the cart wouldn't even move. So I would bypass the OBC as explained above and see if your charger kicks on. If it kicks on, then your OBC is bad.
              Updated by erict; July 29, 2012, 06:52 AM.
              2005 CC Precedent

Comment

What does it mean to be in "tow mode"?? And how is this done!! I have a 95 Club Car!!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X