2001 Club Car series speed control clicking noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Club Car series speed control clicking noise

I have attempted to jump out the solenoid on this 2001 club car series cart with serial number starting with AA01. The cart will not move at all when depressing the pedal--but a constant clicking noise is coming from the speed control box.
    I thought my problem was batteries--so I had those replaced but now the charger is not charging. The problem of the cart not moving and the clicking noise had occurred before I had brand new batteries put in(assuming those were the problem) So can anyone inform me if the OBC is the problem or is it the speed control? Not sure where to go next!! Thanks in advance for any guidance!!!!

First get the schematic from my site in sig. or off this site. the obc does control the solenoid along with the controller on some carts. does your cart even have a controller or is it a resistor cart.

Comment

this is a series club car with a Obc and a speed controller. The controller continuously clicks and does not move with the accelerator pedal is depressed.

Comment

Posted earlier by coach54 View Post
        this is a series club car with a Obc and a speed controller. The controller continuously clicks and does not move with the accelerator pedal is depressed.
        how did you jumped the solenoid??

1 Yellow wire on solenoid coil is from OBC and grounds the solenoid Coil
        1 color? wire on solenoid coil is from Controller and positive side

Comment

Pick what you have

1 uses a multi step
          2 uses a MCOR
          Attached Files
          Updated by gaminde; July 21, 2012, 12:20 PM.

Comment

The cart I have has the MCOR

Comment

The cart I have has the MCOR
              Ok these are the things that can cause this,
              1 low battery voltage
              2 bad MCOR
              3 bad OBC
              4 bad controller
              5 bad solenoid

and any and all wires or bad connections between these items

lets dig a little deeper and see whats really clicking the solenoid or the controller use your hand feel around feel for heat, it could just be the solenoid clicking and that would be common.
              Updated by gaminde; July 21, 2012, 11:12 PM.

Comment

i put a stethascope on the controller== definately coming from there!1

Comment

i put a stethascope on the controller== definately coming from there!1
                  I just can't think of anything in a controller that would click, at least if it were working correctly hmmmmm.

Comment

rechecked the cart again with someone else with better hearing than me he said the sound was coming from the solenoid when the accelerator pedal is depressed.. What could be the cause of that???
                    Updated by coach54; July 31, 2012, 07:33 PM.

Comment

rechecked the cart again with someone else with better hearing than me he said the sound was coming from the solenoid when the accelerator pedal is depressed.. What could be the cause of that???
                      Does your cart have a tow/run switch? If so, was it in tow mode when you changed the batteries out?
                      2005 CC Precedent

Comment

No, it does not have a tow switch!

Comment

Here's a thought.......you're going to get at least 2 clicking noises.....one comes from the MCOR when you press the pedal AND the other clicking you'll hear comes from the solenoid.......power doesn't need to be engaged or hooked up to hear the MCOR clicking....just press the pedal.....but here's what I ran into (and it may not be advisable but I did it until I get that part in and it worked for me....)

Try looking at your fuseable link ON the charger port....it looks like a fuse but it's a link.....what I did was bypassed it and took the 2 black wires attaced to it and screwed them together for test purposes and it worked for me.....I'm getting another fuseable link back on that thing as soon as possible though.......try that.....I ***JUST*** got done with that issue on a cart that had me stumped for days!!!

Hope that'll help

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          X