Brakes posessed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes posessed

New guy here, I did a search and came up empty.
    I just got a 20?? club DS with problems. I'm trying to muddle through.
    Got the thing going and went around the block (maiden voyage). Not cool!
    The first time I stepped on the brake, the pedal slammed back up against my foot with a lot of force...hard! and the cart stopped.We kept going and found that if I eased into the brake very lightly it pushed back, but didnt hit me so hard.
    Tonight went on a test run after fixing some electric cables. The brake pedal slammed my foot hard and the brakes locked up each time i depressed the thing. we didnt make it far and turned around.
    Any Ideas on what the heck is going on would be apreciated.
    The cart has been lifted and I am not sure what else has been altered yet
    Thanks, Kevin

Replaced all of the rear leaf spring bushings and bolts today.Didn't work.
    Loosened up the brake cable plate and put a little slack in the lines and zip tied them to the frame so they were not so tight. Ddnt work.
    Loosened up the rear axle lift brackets and repositioned them correctly. Tightened the heck out of the u bolts. Didn't help.

Looks like when I accelerate from a stop, the rear axle and motor rotate a bit to the rear. The top of the motor may move an inch or so.
    When I apply the brakes, the axle and motor rotate foreward as the brakes lock up, that torquing is enough to pull the brake cables taught which is what forces the pedal upward with force, as I skid to a stop and pull my right sandal out of my mouth.

Is this caused by a crummy lift kit (stamped steel and one angled u bolt on each)? Or is the axle and motor supposed to miove back and forth like that?
    Thanks, Kevin

Comment

could be a crummy setup or installed wrong. pictures would be nice.

the axle should have a plate welded on it and that needs to be supported somehow lets see the pics.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X