Golf cart will not go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf cart will not go

I have a 1995 club cart, it was working fine and now it will not go, I step on gas pedal and I just get a clicking noise from the motor. Batteries are charged and I feel they are not in bad condition. any suggestions
    Updated by Jim Parker; June 21, 2012, 08:07 AM.

My golf cart is dong the same thing. Just replaced all batteries. After a while it will start and run okay and then shut down again. I have to keep pushing the pedal until it clicks over again. Do you know what is causing this problem?

Comment

Look at all the cables good. Tug on all of them and if loose tighten them. Most often a no run is a cable has broke are loose.
      sigpic
      I'm here to help!
      There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

emorgan;
        It would be most helpful if you would start a new thread that would include:
        The year of cart and the model?
        Is the cart moving when it stops running?
        How often is this happening?
        How far are you running it (miles, or minutes) before it quits.
        Do you have to shut the key switch off and let it sit. How long?

For now, like Andy suggested check for loose or corroded cables. Also check for loose wires on the Key Switch, Solenoid, and Forward/Reverse Switch. Troubleshooting an electrical problem can be a real headache. I would suggest jacking the cart up and placing it on blocks. Run the cart and see if you can get it to fail. Keith

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X