club car quits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• club car quits

Cart will run fine and suddenly quit. It can sit 5-10 minutes and then run fine again. Any ideas what causes this? I have checked connections and replaced forward/reverse switch.

Be nice to know what year and type of cart you have but just a guess I would say the controller is heating up it gets pretty warm in st george that in conjunction with a loose cable or a bad battery will cause more heat, feel controller for heat when this happens

Comment

cart is a 2001, 48 volt.

Comment

Ok the controller has an over temp limit and if reached will shut down. Check the controller large posts for melting, heat or discoloration and all battery and motor terminals. The motor also might have over temp limit switch feel all for heat keep me informed.

Comment

I have a 2008 48 volt that does the same thing but I have put new seleniod,refurbished controller, and mcor box and the batteries are good all good connection on the cable as well.

Comment

Hi Ransom276
            could you start a new thread, Im getting Old and get confused easily.
            This way we can reference back through the thread and keep the info fresh.

I have a few questions for you

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X