2012 Precedent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Precedent

Hi, I'm a new member here and would like to ask a question. I just bought a 2012 club car precedent regular golf cart, electric, that was only used 6 months. The golf course went under and the bank wound up with 30+ of these carts for sale. Long story short, I bought my first golf cart. This cart is the model that comes with its own charger so after recharging the batteries I topped them off with distilled water. Is distilled water what most of you all use? I have also read about the single point watering system and do any use that system and if they like it. My info stated that you use a water spigot so how does that compare to using distilled water?
    I would like to change the speed setting for this cart, how is that done?
    What would be the largest tire size I could go to without using any lift kits?
    Do you all just leave the charger pluggen and connected to cart when its not being used?
    Thanks in advance to all that took the time to answer these questions.
    Jim
    Updated by jwrichter; May 5, 2012, 02:57 PM.

Hello and welcome.

The water is right distilled water just cover the plates until fully charged then fill up to the full mark.

I don't like leaving the charger plugged up to any cart for long times other than when charging. If you have a lighting strik are a surge it could take out the cart and charger.
    never used the watering system so can't say on it.
    sigpic
    I'm here to help!
    There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

What is the first group of letters and numbers in your serial number in glove box area

Comment

the serial number is PH1209-264xxx

Comment

At this time your only speed options are have it programmed by a CC dealer or replace the controller with a higher output controller.

PH = Precedent I2 Excel

That thing was made the 9th week of this year what are we in the 13th week Geez talk about a deal you better spill a little beer on that thing and break it in.
          Updated by gaminde; May 6, 2012, 02:09 PM.

Comment

The largest tire size you can use on a non-lifted precedent golf cart is a 205-50-10 if you want to upgrade to a larger 10" rim and a comfortable ride or a 205-30-12 if you want a low profile tire and 12" rim although the ride is a little bumpier.

As far a speed goes, you need to take it to the local dealer and get speed level three which they can do right on the spot - also take the regen off so it does not slow you down when going down hills. If you pay the dealer $75-100 they will get your serial number off of your controller and request speed code 4 from club car. Once they get the code they can reprogram to that speed.

Comment

Thanks for all the great info.

Jim

Comment

Posted earlier by kingofcarts View Post
                The largest tire size you can use on a non-lifted precedent golf cart is a 205-50-10 if you want to upgrade to a larger 10" rim and a comfortable ride or a 205-30-12 if you want a low profile tire and 12" rim although the ride is a little bumpier.

As far a speed goes, you need to take it to the local dealer and get speed level three which they can do right on the spot - also take the regen off so it does not slow you down when going down hills. If you pay the dealer $75-100 they will get your serial number off of your controller and request speed code 4 from club car. Once they get the code they can reprogram to that speed.
                so, how fast does speed code 3 and 4 go?

Comment

Speed setting 4 should get you 19.6 mph which is plenty fast if you are going to golf at all. Mine is set on 4 and it scoots. I have the single point watering system and love it. I use the squeeze bulb and distilled water. It works fine but every month or so I take the manifolds off and check to make sure system fills cells correctly.

Comment

What year is serial number ph08535--952990

Comment

the first two numbers is your year, so that would be an 08.

Comment

Posted earlier by Bobbylynn View Post
                        What year is serial number ph08535--952990
                        there should not be 5 numbers in the first set. ????

Comment

I have a SPWS on my 08 Precedent. Works great bought it here..http://www.powrparts.com/
                          Not a cart company but a really good price, cheaper than my local guy. easy to install. Also you can check the Flow-Rite site for info.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          X