newbie questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie questions...

Just got my electric 2000 Club Car DS and have a few questions...

It has new Interstate batteries, just want to know what is the proper charging procedure. Should I plug it in every night or what? What if I'm gone for a couple weeks? What if I'm gone for a couple months?

Also, can I get the wheels balanced? It goes about 25 mph and there's a vibration in the steering wheel at speed. Or, maybe it's something else?

thanks!

Either way you plug it in really doesn't matter. It is recommended that your batteries be charged at a minimum of every 30 days.

As far as your "vibration".

Yes, you can get the wheels balanced, as long as you can find a shop with a balancer that will accept an 8" rim. Balancing isn't really necessary 25 mph or lower.

If the cart sits a lot, the air pressures drop and a flat spots form. Check the pressure before you hop on it after it's been sitting a while. This is common on bias ply tires.

Last, but not least,,,,, Welcome.

Comment

If you plan on letting your cart sit for awhile you'll want to make sure your batteries have plenty of water and put a good charge on it beforehand.

The vibration could be many things.. Check your tow/camber, make sure your wheels are straight up and down. The best way to check is measure from center to center on the front of the wheels then on the back side of the wheels. You want to be within an 1/8th of an inch.

Comment

I think the vibration might have been flat spots...haven't noticed it so much lately. If I leave for a couple weeks can/should I just leave it plugged in? It seems the charger (PowerDrive) shuts off when it's charged. Will it charge if the battery level gets low? I probably won't leave for more than a couple weeks, but, if I get tired of the heat I have family in Colorado to visit.
        Updated by UberDan; May 2, 2012, 09:23 PM.

Comment

If it were me I wouldn't 1. Because you never know what electronics are going to do while you're away. 2. You normally see a better charge when you run the batteries down then charge them up versus little to no use, then charging.

Comment

It is recommended at a minimum that the batteries be charged monthly.

That being said, if you're only leaving for a couple weeks, they'll be ok.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X