another charging issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another charging issue

Hi All, I recently traded a Trek mountain bike for a 48v cart. The cart would sporadically charge then not at all. i noticed that the red wire from the charging receptacle on the cart leading to the battery had corroded and was no longer attached to the battery; I held the wire to the battery, cart started to charge then charger died. I bypassed relay in charger, cart started to charge but amp meter on charger was pegged at 20 then blew inline circuit on charger. My question is will a new 20a relay in the charger help to regulate the amps so that the meter isnt pegged at 20 and the circuit doesn't blow or am I totally off base with diagnosis. Any help is greatly appreciated especially by my 12 year old!!

what type of charger do you have? IQ ? lestronic? there is a rectifier in most that may be the problem- or could have sumthin to do with the on board computer.

Comment

I would bet your batteries are real low put each one on a automotive charger for about 30 minutes to 1 hour but first check the voltage of each battery and post.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X