melting v-glide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• melting v-glide

I just purchased a 96ish 36 volt club car that has some bad issues. After purchassing i found out i basically got screwed. I have put in a new F&R switch, V-glide, solinoid, all new wires, and heat coils in back. The mechanic i am using has told me that after 6seconds it has the first set of coils glowing red, he told me within a day or so i would be putting in another v-glide. He also told me that this is a high speed motor (not stock). Is there a simple solution for this or do I have to purchase a new stock motor? I would like to keep the motor if possible, he said it would go almost 30mph. oh and fyi i also have a lift and oversized tires.

I've never heard of a 36v cart doing 30mph.

However, If that is true, there's one hell of a current draw to make it go that fast and turn the big tires.

When at full throttle, the resistors are not included in the circuit, so it would make sense that you are frying your v-glide and resistors if you are not matting the gas pedal.

There are two directions to go on this.

One, purchase 6 8v batteries and a 48v solenoid. Hopefully it's a 48v upgraded motor and you have a 48v charger.

Two, Bite the proverbial bullet and replace the mongrel motor with a 36v one.

Comment

Thank you! Dont suppose you know anyone who would be interisted in a swap for correct motor?

Comment

Sorry,

I can't help you on locating a 36v motor. But I'm sure someone else here can.

And BTW,,,,,

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X