2007 Club Car DS problems with speed chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Club Car DS problems with speed chip

Hello, I am new to this forum. I recent tried to put a shelby control systems chip on my 2007 Club Car DS IQ. When the chip was installed, the cart started to stutter and appeared to be getting intereference. It would work occasionally and we tried to move the chip, shield the wire and everything we could think of. Since it was intermittent, we took the chip off and spliced the wires back. Now, my cart will only go about 8 mph. Do I need to reset my computer? Also any tips on the chip would be helpful.

Hi Jduke It sounds like you either re-hooked it up wrong or you have a bad speed sensor/magnet or maybe its unplugged. The problems with the two speed unit could be because of the above also.

where did you locate the two speed unit ?
    did you purchase a harness assembly ?
    what name did you purchase it under ?
    when did you purchase you unit ?

If you go to Gaminde.net then two speed kit and then trouble shooting tips there is lots of info located there.

You can return the unit for a full refund if you like you can also email me direct off the web site.

keep me informed.

Larry
    SCS

Updated by gaminde; April 14, 2012, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Also look under the cart at the motor and see if its unplugged at the motor.

Comment

Ok, thank you. Gotta get my hands on a volt meter to see what is going on. Would a computer reset help with anything by chance?

Comment

If you are having charging problems maybe but for 8 mph no.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X