New to forum w/charging issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to forum w/charging issue

Greetings. I have an older Club Car that until recently ran pretty well. I/we use it primarily to drop off the girls at school and cruise around the neighborhood. After doing so on Monday and Tuesday, I hooked it up to my EZ Go charger for the night. Well yesterday, the 11th, when we jump in to go to school, the battery indicator is flickering and we are dead in the water. I unplugged and re-plugged thinking that I may maybe not plugged in all the way. When I got home after 10 hours of charging, nada! The batteries are old but I check them regularly and have water. When I do hook up the charger, it does click on but the needle goes back to 0. I know there is a fuse in the charger, which I will check/replace but in the mean time any and all thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Gracias!

is this the charger you have always been useing? is the club car 36 or 48 volt?

Comment

Yes it is the same charger and I believe it is the 48V. I will double check this PM. Any thoughts?????

Comment

the ez go charger is only 36 volt charger. and your cart is 48 volt. your not puttin enough juice to the batteries to get a full charge. if i'm deciferin this correctly.

Comment

The charger came with the cart when I got it, which has been over a year or so. I will check the voltage on cart, where would I find that? In the battery box?

Comment

how many cells in each battery 3 or 4. check on the side of the charger for the output. 3 cells is a 36 volt, 4 cells is a 48 volt. see if they match with the charger.

Comment

The charger is definitely 36V. I used a screwdriver voltage tester on all of the batteries and 4 of the 6 lit up very well. The 2 on the far left when looking from the back of the cart were very weak. Can I assume that these are the 1st that the cart draws from? If so, I am going to disconnect and try to charge with a standard battery charger. Does that make sense? The other idea was to move the 2 weak batteries to the end and bring 2 stronger batteries to the front.

Comment

where does the charge back wires go? from the back of the charge receptical the ground should go to the far drivers side neg & the pos should go to the main pos on the pass side, make shure this is what you got before movin batteries around. truth be know those are probably toast.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X