Orange light not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange light not working

I have a 2008 Club Car Precedent and I am having some issues with the Orange dash light.

It never illuminates..

Its driving me nuts and I am not sure whats wrong.

The cart seems fine but I dont know when its low battery because the light never lights.

I am trying to test the Light itself so i removed it from the dash but i dont know what voltage to put to it ?

I tried a 1.5 volt battery and a 9 volt but nothing.

Has anyone experienced this or know how i can test to see if the light is bad or something else is wrong

Thanks
    craig

That dash light Is not there to tell you when your batteries are low Per se' it is more of a waning saying you have gone too low. That light comes on when voltage under no load drops to a certain point.

Comment

I have a controller on the bench I will run some test And see if I can make the light come on. I will try doing that sometime today

Comment

From looking at the schematic its 48 volts positive goes to key switch and the OBC grounds the light.

Battery Warning Light Assembly
        The dash-mounted battery warning light performs two functions for the vehicle’s electrical system:
        Warning Light: The battery warning light alerts the operator to any problems with the batteries or charging
        system. The battery warning light will illuminate under the following conditions:
        1. Battery no-load voltage drops below 48 volts.
        2. Batteries have discharged more than 75% of rated capacity.
        3. AC power is interrupted during the charge cycle (DC plug is still connected).
        4. Charge cycle times out at 16 hours.
        5. When the DC cord is unplugged before the charge cycle is completed, the battery warning light will illuminate
        for 10 seconds if the charge is less than 90% complete.
        LED Light: In addition to the battery warning light, there is an infrared LED in the dash light assembly, which
        transmits an infrared signal from the OBC. When this signal is received by the optional Communication Display
        Module, the CDM will display information on the condition of the vehicle and batteries. See Communication
        Display Module (CDM) on page 11-42.

Comment

Gaminde :
          I am looking for any type of instructions on the CDM. In your post, you say "on page 11-42".

Where can I get a copy of these pages? Do you have them? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X