50.7 volts but feels like it's dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50.7 volts but feels like it's dead

I have a 2000 Club Car 48v. I've checked the batteries, which are less than a year old, and they have 50.7 volts coming out but when I try to drive the cart, it feels as though the batteries are dead. What could be the problem?

Jack the cart up put your meter back on the battery pack and give it some go pedal not too much though and measure the voltage under load you can even step on the brake pedal slightly to give it more load now what kind of voltage do you have.
    Updated by gaminde; March 14, 2012, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Just a reminder. A 48 volt cart is considered dead @ 48 volts.
      A set of batteries that charge doesn't mean they will keep the charge. Charge them up good and then sit for at least 6hrs. Check voltage then.

Also do as gaminde stated. Don't over rev the cart on the stands.

Comment

As stated, a load test is needed. If you let your batteries stay uncharged for more than 30 days, chances are they are dead for good, and will never really take or hold a charge much anymore.
        Regards

Comment

Hello to all. My neighbor just changed his '95 CC batteries from 6-8V to 4-12V marine batteries. I told him that I thought he was going to have trouble charging them in the future with his charger. Will he likely have problems? Thanks for the info.

Comment

Should charge fine, it certainly won't go far with marine batterys

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X