Is this a Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a Problem

I Have a 2003 cart and I hear motor noises. To make sure its coming from the motor I jacked up the rear axle removed the brake drums then throttled up. The noise was still there but aso noticed at full speed the axles were speeding up and slowing down at full throttle is this normal?

Nope. You need to check the input shaft. It could be the coupler on the end of the motor also.

Comment

Never jack the car up and give it full throttle.
      When 1 side slowed down did the other side speed up?
      Updated by gaminde; March 10, 2012, 09:57 AM.

Comment

No both sides do the same thing

Comment

Did the motor sound like it was slowing down a little also does the serial number start with AQ or PQ.
          Updated by gaminde; March 11, 2012, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Yes the motor was going fast then slowing
            Serial # AQ0314-

Comment

Ok you have an AQ cart which is an IQ cart (REGEN) and this may be standard for this cart. Have you noticed when your driving it gets up to speed and then coasts or cuts out and will not go any faster, and when you let off on the pedal it slows down it could be the regen braking kicking in. not sure about the noise. what speed does this unit get to?

AQ = IQ regen cart
              03 = year built
              14 = week built
              Updated by gaminde; March 11, 2012, 03:39 PM.

Comment

I will test the speed tomorrow but yes at full throttle the car will only go so fast then hold then going down hills the car motor brakes to slow down the car

Comment

No need to test speed 11 or 12 ?? Lets get back to the noise how bad is it and is there oil in the rear end.

Comment

the noise is there and then its gone. It doesn't sound like the rear end and there was no noise when the rear wheels were jacked up with motor on.

Comment

I am now thinking that the noise I'm hearing is the regen cutting in and out durring driving at full speed and not cutting out completely then draging a bit. I checked the speed on flat 13 mgh and 9 mph going up hill with fully charged batteries.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      X