96 Club Car Tries to move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Club Car Tries to move

Glad I found this forum, what a great place. I am working on a 96 Club Car. It tries to move. Has full battery voltage even when you hit the accelerator. Solenoid does not click. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

to GCF modgas!
    The problem may be the solenoid.
    Try jumping the 2 large posts on the solenoid with a 6ga wire, if the cart runs, check to see that you have pack voltage across the 2 small posts. If you have the voltage replace the solenoid.
    If you have no voltage check the fuse and the microswitch at the throttle.

Comment

Thanks Doug. I have no voltage across the small terminals, Meter tries to jump around but nothing solid, yes when I did jump the large terminals and it worked. I checked all the wiring and connectors and no corrosion at all. I am starting to think it’s the micro switch in the accelerator (Black Box) under the floor pan. Not sure which wires to test...? It’s acting like a bad connection but I did check all the connections and connectors. Thanks Again…

Comment

You need one more post and a little time for the server to check before you can get to the wiring diagrams.
        Is your 96 Club Car a 36v or 48v?
        If it's 48v is the F/R switch a handle (series) or slide switch (regen)?
        Look here for more info: Club Car Series Regen Identification

Comment

It is a 48v and does have a handle, Series style. I did also check the contacts on the F/R assy. Thanks for the fast replies...

Comment

I needed that info to get you another post and also to point you in the direction of your wiring diagram.
            The 48v series cart wiring is here: 1995 DS 48v Series Wiring
            Hope this helps a little, post up if you need more help with the diagram or troubleshooting. Sounds like you know your way around electrical and a meter.

Comment

Thanks so much Doug. That wiring diagram is just what the doctor ordered...

Comment

If your not getting power to the solenoid it's either the micro under the floor are the key switch. The micro under the floor is easy enough to look at once you take the 2 1/4" screw out of the cover. It's right there. Take them loose and jumper it and see if the cart runs. Water and dirt and everything else gets inside that plastic cover.
                sigpic
                I'm here to help!
                There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Thanks Andy I will try this. Thanks again

Comment

Similar problem here...can't view the diagrams until I have 5 posts (bangs head)

Comment

Posted earlier by sciroccojim View Post
                      Similar problem here...can't view the diagrams until I have 5 posts (bangs head)
                      sciroccojim

Start your own post, answer this post, let us know your problems and we can eat up 4 more posts in no time.

Comment

Ok, Finally I got back to this car. I bypassed the micro switch/key switch circuit and went from the B+ to the Sol+ small lug to eliminate everything in that area, and the same problem. So I went from the B- to the Sol small term. with the yellow wire and runs perfect. Obviously it must be a bad OBC. My question is... is there any reason I can't leave it like this as it runs and charges perfect. Thanks again for all your input.

Comment

If it runs fine for you and charges OK then you can deal with the problem later.

Comment

Post for wiring this is frustrating

Comment

Post5

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              X