Still powerful but no speed all of a sudden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still powerful but no speed all of a sudden

Went to go play and the cart just barely went any faster than I can walk. As for as power it's fine, Goes up hills with a couple of beef eaters in it with no problem. Battery light isn't on. Just want go at it's normal speed

Need some more info on the cart, what year, 36 48 volt what?

What speed throttle you running?
    Greenwood your right down the road from me. I'm in Liberty SC.

Comment

to GCF slocurve.
      When was the last time you cleaned your battery cables and checked them for tightness?
      You could also check your tire pressures and make sure the brakes aren't dragging.
      As Andy said above, it's pretty hard to diagnose without know more about it.
      Check this link if you're not sure what you have: What Club Car Do I Have?

Comment

My Fault. It's a2007 48 volt
        It has 4 Trojan 1275 Batteries. I haven't checked for corrosion as they aren't 2 months old. I feel the cables are tight since we just put them in. Brakes could be dragging but I didn't smell anything today when I played. I don't know what the speed throttle is or where it is. It is a Precedent.
        Thanks for your help
        Updated by slocurve; January 9, 2012, 09:00 PM.

Comment

I'm not that well versed on C/C but doesn't it have a R/T switch under the seat. Try flipping it on and off a couple of times.

Also the speed senor wiring coming out of the back side of motor make sure it's not been pulled loose are cut.

It's the 3 smaller wires coming out into the grey or black plug as in the picture.

Comment

Check the speed sensor on the end of the motor, it sounds like it is either disconnected or faulty.
            You need 3 more posts and that will open up the Precedent service manual at this link: Precedent Service Manual Electric
            Updated by dougmcp; January 9, 2012, 09:55 PM.

Comment

That is scary right there!

Comment

Two tests
                key on f/r switch in fwd push unit about 3 feet you should feel resistance.

Second test reach under cart unplug sensor plug on back of motor if speed stays the same bad sensor. Your going 8 mph

Comment

Thanks for all of this input. . I was bummed at first but now I feel like we're going to figure it out. My son noticed today that when we went down a hill that resistance that we had felt from the recharge system did engage anymore. That does not bother me but I do think it's indicative of whatever is going on. If I had to lay odds I think it's in the speed sensor
                  Updated by slocurve; January 10, 2012, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Posted earlier by gaminde View Post
                    Two tests

Second test reach under cart unplug sensor plug on back of motor if speed stays the same bad sensor. Your going 8 mph
                    Will DO!

Comment

Two tests

Good info man. I like your comments I learn something every day! Thanks!

Comment

Andy I learn something new everyday also, unfortunately many times it's what I learned yesterday but its all new to me.

Comment

Posted earlier by slocurve View Post
                          Thanks for all of this input. . I was bummed at first but now I feel like we're going to figure it out. My son noticed today that when we went down a hill that resistance that we had felt from the recharge system did engage anymore. That does not bother me but I do think it's indicative of whatever is going on. If I had to lay odds I think it's in the speed sensor
                          Yep Speed Sensor Is Bad or unplugged. That is the Breaking another function of the speed sensor.

Comment

Posted earlier by andy4639 View Post
                            Good info man. I like your comments I learn something every day! Thanks!
                            OK I wasn't able to look under it in the dark but I did push it and it moved freely with no resistance

Comment

hmmm interesting

Comment

what's the speed like in reverse?

Comment

good question if you have half speed reverse, I would guess the same 8 mph, would guess the default program would be the same forward as reverse but could be half ????

Comment

Yep Speed Sensor Is Bad or unplugged. That is the Breaking another function of the speed sensor.
                                    OK If I don't wanrt to wait for a sensor to come in is there a location that will aloow me to speed the cart up some without buying a chip. It's going like 4mph now?

Comment

It's been 3 weeks you have not fixed it yet

Comment

OK If I don't wanrt to wait for a sensor to come in is there a location that will aloow me to speed the cart up some without buying a chip. It's going like 4mph now?
                                        Without a working speed sensor, the cart goes into the limp mode and there is nothing you can do until you fix that part.

Comment

Guess I will check my cables. Mine isn't running that slow but ever since I took my nephew (300+ lbs.) that was down over the holidays riding I'm running at about 70% speed? Cry

My Fault. It's a2007 48 volt
                                          It has 4 Trojan 1275 Batteries. I haven't checked for corrosion as they aren't 2 months old. I feel the cables are tight since we just put them in. Brakes could be dragging but I didn't smell anything today when I played. I don't know what the speed throttle is or where it is. It is a Precedent.
                                          Thanks for your help

Comment

Fine

Posted earlier by boclark View Post
                                            what's the speed like in reverse?

Comment

Find

Comment

Posted earlier by pixiedust View Post
                                                Guess I will check my cables. Mine isn't running that slow but ever since I took my nephew (300+ lbs.) that was down over the holidays riding I'm running at about 70% speed? Cry
                                                fixed speed with bad sensor is 8 MPH

Comment

I'm running about 16mph but I use to get close to 25? With that being said and what I've read about the bad sensor speed, must be something else?

Comment

Most likely not Nothing was done just started going slow What do batteries read Is this an 08-09 unit

Comment

Most likely not Nothing was done just started going slow What do batteries read Is this an 08-09 unit
                                                      The batteries are 08 and fully charged. Are you asking me to put a volt meter on them and see what reading I get? Remember I'm a newbie, lol

Comment

I'm not sure! after rereading my post I don't know what I was saying.

yes if you could use a meter and read the voltage of each battery and voltage of complete pack.
                                                        and if you can jack up your car safely and barely run it and check the same voltages, this will be a load test.

also put your nephew on a diet that's one big boy

Comment

It's been 3 weeks you have not fixed it yet
                                                          I am sending the old speed sensor off today. I really wanted to take a shot at replacing the holler effect diode. Decided that I could probably send this one off and get it back about as quick as I could order the diode. Somebody said that Allegro makes the diode that will fix it. It kinda kills me cause the part is $2.08.

Comment

Your correct: Hall Effect Sensor

1 The part is about 2.00 you usually need to buy extra so 6.00
                                                            2 shipping cost is 3 times the part cost 5.00 +
                                                            3 potting is another 5.00
                                                            4 takes about an hour to do 20.00
                                                            4.5 takes 15 min to setup and test before / after repair.

about 36.00 or 16.00 no labor cost then your done

5 shipping back 5.15

new ones are 80 to 175 dollars on line, go figure that. electronic parts sometimes carry no warranty.

Try it first !
                                                            Updated by gaminde; February 21, 2012, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Your correct: Hall Effect Sensor

1 The part is about 2.00 you usually need to buy extra so 6.00
                                                              2 shipping cost is 3 times the part cost 5.00 +
                                                              3 potting is another 5.00
                                                              4 takes about an hour to do 20.00
                                                              4.5 takes 15 min to setup and test before / after repair.

about 36.00 or 16.00 no labor cost then your done

5 shipping back 5.15

new ones are 80 to 175 dollars on line, go figure that. electronic parts sometimes carry no warranty.

Try it first !
                                                              Glad I sent it off now!!! Already got a return shipping notification. Not sure how I would have heated a plastic resevour were the 3 wires went in anyway.

Comment

Did you get it working

Comment

Did you get it working
                                                                  Yes I did and I couldn't have done it without this site!

Comment

I have four 12 V, total 48 V. I finally put the meter to them and two read 12.4 and the other two 12.5, total reading was 37.5. With this said do I need new batteries

Comment

Not sure about the battery's but you need a new meter reader, or you have some bad cables.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                                                      X